It would be nice to buy upgrades for wingmen without trading in your own ship multiple times. And it might be useful for CSC America or other adventures with more fleet management.
- Functions would have to get data about and make changes to a specified object, rather than the playership, obviously.
- Screens would need some new text that doesn't refer to "your ship".
- There'd have to be a way to open them that passes in the object to modify (and maybe the object that's paying).
- Ideally, there'd be a way to switch what object's items you're looking at without leaving the screen. But this is probably only relevant if you can transfer items to and from wingmen.
- Wingmen should probably be allowed to refuse a change, e.g. removing their highest-level non-ammo weapon unless it's replaced with one of equal or higher level, similar to ship swapping.
That's a fair amount of work, but it seems like it should be doable.