Right now, the only sure way to get a Black Market ID is through a hotel. But if that fails (due to sting operation) then all you can do is hope you find a random ID.
What are some other ways that the player should be able to get an ID? Here are some random ideas:
- Maybe if you make friends with Centauri Warlords in Eridani you can get a mission (or something) that leads to a Black Market contact.
- You encounter a stranded outlaw freighter and help them.
- After selling to the maintenance level on a Corporate Enclave, you get introduced to a Black Market contact. Or perhaps a Black Market member gets annoyed because you're selling on their turf and you have to kill them or do a deal or something.
What ideas do you have? I'm looking for something that meets the usual criteria:
- It requires some kind of skill or decision from the player.
- It fits into the scenario and the universe.
- It's fun for the player to do.