I'd like to create a self-contained mission arc in St. Katharine's Star, dealing with the Sung Slavers. Perhaps the arc can be about an "underground railroad" rescuing slaves out of the Ungoverned Territories and rehabilitating them in St. Katharine's Star.
Background on Sung Slavers
The lore on Sung Slavers is not 100% set, but here are some basic concepts:
- The Sung use slaves as compute power. Slave coffins are well-integrated into all aspects of their technology. Wind slavers are piloted by a slave. Slave coffins are networked together to solve various technological problems, etc.
- The Sung are experts at computer/computation. Perhaps they have the equivalent of Eternity Port? Maybe there is a vast virtual reality simulation that the Sung participate in?
- The Sung believe in the concept of reincarnation, in the sense that their leaders are believed to be reincarnated versions of the originals. They use slave compute power to determine where/how the next reincarnation will appear (usually as an embryo).
- Song (I believe) suggested a liberated slave as a mission-giving character. Perhaps the character is still neurally compromised (maybe not even fully conscious) and possibly still tied to their slave coffin (which handles lots of biological functions).
- Perhaps the Sung are trying to shut down/expose the underground railroad and have informants and/or agents all over St. Kats. The player may need to expose them or counter them somehow.
- Maybe a "corrupted" slave is bringing together liberated slaves to create some apocalyptic technology (or some other power to threaten the Commonwealth).
- Perhaps the player gets a choice in the fate of liberated slaves. They can be taken to the Sisters (in exchange for Domina points) or maybe given over to some other project that's using them to create some new technology.
If you've got any ideas around this topic, please post a comment! I'm looking for both lore/plot/character ideas, and game-mechanic ideas (as in, what kind of new items could we invent for this).